Please note: As of 9th January 2017 our website has moved. If you are not re-directed within 5 seconds please visit www.tanworthschool.co.uk and don't forget to save us to your favourites!
In God’s Family, learning, loving, growing to be our very best.
The Ark works within the school’s Christian community to provide high quality childcare at a reasonable cost within a relaxed but stimulating environment of friendship and creativity. The individuality of each child in our care will be respected and nurtured.
Aims and objectives
The Ark aims to:
- Offer an inclusive service, accessible to all children in the community.
- Ensure each child feels happy, safe and secure, allowing them to learn and develop freely in a play centred environment.
- Encourage children to take responsibility for themselves and their actionsv Provide a wide range of resources and equipment which can be used under safe and supervised conditions.
- Encourage children to develop positive attitudes and respect for themselves and others, in an environment free from bullying and discrimination.
- Offer a programme of activities which meets the needs of each child, promoting their physical, intellectual, emotional and social development, enabling them to become confident, independent and co-operative individuals.
- Work in partnership with parents to provide high quality play and care.
- Review and evaluate our services to ensure that we continue to meet the needs of children in our care and those of their parents or carers.
- Keep parents and carers informed about changes in the administration of the Ark and to listen and respond to their views and concerns.
- Communicate effectively with parents and carers, and to discuss experiences, progress and any difficulties that may arise.
- Employ experienced, well trained staff and offer them appropriate support.
- Comply with the Children’s Act 1989, the Childcare Act 2006, and all other relevant legislation.
- Work in partnership with the local community and Birmingham Diocese.